Positive behavioral interventions and supports (PBIS)
Silverwood has established a Positive behavioral interventions and supports (PBIS) program. an approach schools use to promote school safety and good behavior. With PBIS, Silverwood teaches students about behavior expectations and strategies. The focus of PBIS is prevention, not punishment.
All employees on Silverwood’s campus award students SOAR Bucks. SOAR Bucks are handed to students who demonstrate one or more of the following standards at any given moment:
- Safe - in all environments
- On-Task - listening and attending
- Accountable - Following through
- Responsible - showing respect
As students gather a collection of SOAR Bucks throughout the year, they may cash them in for prizes at our Student Store, including Lunch with the Principal. The store will be open at various times throughout the year. The Student Store provides a means of great-behavior reinforcement and motivates students to demonstrate SOAR Buck standards to acquire more bucks for prizes.
- About your child and Screen Time
- About your child and Social Media
- About your child and Cellphones and Devices
- About your child and Online Safety
Social Emotional Learning Links:
- Christine Carter: Raising Kind Kids
- Richard Weissbourd: Raising Caring, Respectful, & Courageous Children
- Elementary Tips for in-home learning
- Elementary quick tips
- Elementary Setting Rules
- Elementary making a schedule
- Secondary helpful tips
Common Core Math
Please click the following link for help with Common Core math:
Conflict Vs. Bullying
Here is a link to a video that can help distinguish between Conflict and Bullying:
Clever is a single sign-on for students to access a number of on-line educational programs tp learn and reinforce math, reading and other skills.
- Houghton Mifflin Spelling List practice your spelling words, or use over the summer to get a head start for next year!
- Accelerated Reader Visit the Accelerated Reader site for book lists, and an explanation of this program.
- Yahoo Kids Search engine for kids.
- These are recommended websites for you to use at home with your children. In some cases you may need to speak with your child's teacher for your child's login information.
- Math practice
- Lexia Reading
- Reading Practice
- Accelerated Reader
- iReady (ELA & Math)
- Front Row Math